January 21, 2020
Homemade Pizza CrustCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Italian, Low-Sodium
This pizza crust is a fairly quick and easy way to still have the pizza you love without all the sodium of takeout or store-bought. Just a few basic ingredients and a little time to let the yeast proof and you’ll have a delicious pizza crust ready to load up with your favorite toppings.
1/2 package (1 1/4 tsp.) dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in 1 tbsp. oil, 1 tbsp. sugar, and gradually add flour until a soft dough forms.
- Knead 15-20 strokes then place dough into greased bowl. Be sure that all sides of the dough are coated in oil. Cover and leave to rest in a warm area until dough is proofed and increased in size.
- Gently stretch dough onto pizza pan, pizza stone, or sheet pan.
- Top with your favorite pizza sauce (preferably low-sodium) and toppings.
- Bake at 400*F for 20-30 minutes or until the crust is golden around the edges and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into 8 equal slices and serve.
- [Per Serving] Calories: 136 | Fat: 2.1g | Carbs: 4.2g | Protein: 3.4g | Sodium: .75mg
Recipe Card plugin by WPZOOM